Click on the appropriate tab below to see the Renewal Requirements, Process, Fees and Continuing Education (CE) for a Psychologist.
Current licenses expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on May 31, 2020.
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at email@example.com to request your reactivation requirements.
If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the Laws & Rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
- Go to flhealthsource.gov and click the ”Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the ”Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
- You may renew online if you have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction. Please note that you can now renew online, print a copy of your application summary and mail it with your cashier’s check or money order to:
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 6320
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
- If you are renewing your license after the expiration date and your status still indicates Clear/Active or Clear/Inactive, you will be assessed a delinquency fee. The delinquency fee will be in addition to your renewal fees.
- If your license was Delinquent/Active or Delinquent/Inactive before the renewal deadline, it will be moved to Null and Void status after the renewal deadline. You should contact your board office for further instruction.
- The process of renewing a license and receiving a printed license in the mail may take 7-10 business days. Initiating contact to confirm the receipt of fees or the status of your license prior to this time will not expedite the renewal process.
- A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
- If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the laws and rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
- Note: Do not submit certificates of completion of continuing education hours to the Florida Board of Psychology. Please report continuing education credits to the Department of Health through our CE tracking system at www.cebroker.com
If you are renewing online and need to change your name, please follow these instructions prior to renewing your license:
Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please log into your MQA Online Services Portal account to submit your request and enter your full name as it appears on your legal documentation. If you are submitting your request online, please attach/upload supporting documents, which must be one of the following:
- A copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the original signature and seal from the clerk of the court
- A divorce decree showing the name change
- A court order showing the name change (Adoption, legal name change, federal identity change)
- A copy of a certificate of naturalization or H1B Employment Visa (Note: Foreign applicants and/or licensees may not have state issued documents)
Any one of these will be accepted unless the department has a question about the authenticity of the document.
NOTE: Please allow 5-7 business days for your request to be processed. If you are requesting a name change outside of renewal and wish to receive a new license reflecting the name change, you must request a duplicate license and pay the $25.00 fee.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health.
If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$30.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$30.00|
|Active to Inactive||$80.00|
|Inactive to Active||$130.00|
|Active to Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$55.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$55.00|
|Active to Inactive||$105.00|
|Inactive to Active||$155.00|
|Active to Retired||$130.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$130.00|
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$85.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$85.00|
|Active to Inactive||$135.00|
|Inactive to Active||$185.00|
|Active to Retired||$160.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$160.00|
Delinquent Licenses become Null & Void1 on June 1, 2020.
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
The information provided is an overview only and licensees are encouraged to become familiar with the profession’s continuing education rule, Chapter 64B19-13, Florida Administrative Code, to ensure that they meet the Board’s specific requirements for renewal.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
To locate board approved CE Courses for this profession, please click here
|Required Subject Area||Required Number of Hours||Important Information|
|Ethics and Florida Law||3|
|Domestic Violence||2||Due every third biennium beginning July 2006 and is included in the 40 hours required|
Three (3) of the forty (40) hours must be on professional ethics and Florida Statutes and rules affecting the practice of psychology. Of those three hours, at least one hour shall be on professional ethics, and at least one hour shall be on Florida laws and rules relevant to the practice of psychology and shall include Chapters 456 and 490, F.S. and Rule Title 64B19, F.A.C.
First Biennium Renewal: Psychologists initially licensed within the biennium are exempt from continuing education with the exception of the two hour course relating to the prevention of medical error
Instructions on locating Approved Medical Errors Courses and Providers
A two hour Medical Errors course is required for each renewal. All Medical Errors Courses must be approved by the Board of Psychology.
You will find a list of approved medical errors courses for psychology through the Department’s contracted continuing education system provider, CEBroker, by following these steps:
- Enter the following web address in your Internet Browser: www.cebroker.com.
- Select “Course Search”.
- Select “Florida Department of Health”.
- Choose the profession “Psychologists”.
- Choose “Self-Study” or “Live”.
- The next page will allow you to narrow down to the subject “Medical Errors”.
- Once you have your criteria in and click on the search button, the system will produce a -list of approved courses.
*If you need assistance logging into CEBroker, please call-1-877-434-6323
Board Rule Approved Providers
- American Psychological Association
- Completion of approved Graduate level courses – no more than 10 hours per semester
- Courses approved by any Board within MQA that enhances psychological skills and/or knowledge
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- Presenting or moderating a continuing education course sponsored by a Board approved provider
- Full attendance at a workshop/seminar approved by the APA or any affiliates
- Attendance at a state, regional or national psychology convention or conference
- Attainment of Diplomate status in a specialty area from the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)
- Attendance at a Board meeting
- Serving as a volunteer expert witness
- Home Study courses approved by the APA or its affiliates – not applicable to Medical Errors unless specifically approved by the Florida Board
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Florida Administrative Codes