Click on the appropriate tab below to see the Initial Requirements, Process, Fees, Statutes and Administrative Rules to become a Board of Psychology Practice Approved CE Program Provider.
The basic requirements for licensure as a CE Program Provider may be found in Rule Chapter 64B19-13.004, Florida Administrative Code, Board Approval of Continuing Psychological Education Providers.
All courses offered must be:
- Relevant to the practice of psychology and must be offered for the purpose of keeping the licensee apprised of advancements and new development in psychology, and shall be designed to enhance learning and skills consistent with contemporary standards for psychology practice.
- The Provider application and course should be submitted for the Board’s approval not less than 90 days prior to the date of the initial offering is scheduled.
Renewal of CE Provider License:
Current provider licenses expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on May 31, 2020.
A renewal notification from CE Broker on behalf of the Department, will be sent by email to the contact person on file for the provider license.
If received before the deadline, the Department will renew your license upon receipt of the Renewal Requirements of:
- A completed renewal application, submitted online at www.cebroker.com
- Required $250 fee
Failure to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the provider license Expired without any further action by the Board or the Department.
For additional questions or assistance, contact CE Broker at: 1-877-434-6323 or by email at: email@example.com
CE program providers seeking initial licensure approval by the Board must:
Apply online at: www.CEBroker.com by completing an initial provider application, and a CE course application, including documentation for one course as designated in the Board Rule.
Although applications and courses are managed by Board staff, each are routed to the Board’s CE liaison through CE Broker for review and approval. Responses will be sent by email to the Contact person designated on the provider’s application.
Each CE Course submitted with an application must include the following:
- A narrative description of the program to be offered by the provider to psychologists for credit, and must include research to be relied upon in the presentation of the program.
- A copy of the material to be presented to course participants, e.g., PowerPoint presentations, handouts, etc.
- All promotional material concerning the program.
- The learning objectives of the program.
- The name of the instructor(s) for the program.
- The qualifications of the instructor(s) to conduct the program.
- A sample program evaluation form to be completed by each program attendee.
- A sample certificate of completion to be given to attendees upon completion of the program.
- If offering Medical Errors courses: Many of the programs that have been developed to allow Florida health care practitioners to satisfy the course requirement on prevention of medical errors are exclusively geared for clinicians working within medical settings. This may be inadequate for psychologists, in terms of clinical relevance and applicability. Consequently, in order to be approved to offer the medical errors prevention course to psychologists, providers must develop course content that moves beyond that which is typically found in the medically-oriented programs (i.e., wrong site surgery). In addition to including a study of root-cause analysis, error reduction and prevention, and patient safety, providers should discuss areas within mental health practice that carry the potential for “medical” errors. Examples would include improper diagnosis, failure to comply with mandatory abuse reporting laws, inadequate assessment of potential for violence (e.g., suicide, homicide), failure to detect medical conditions presenting as a psychological/psychiatric disorder.
|Application Fee||$250.00 (There are no additional fees for individual courses)|
|Biennium Renewal Fee||$250.00|
Providers are responsible for the fee at the time an application is submitted online.