Florida, like other parts of the United States, is experiencing a Public Health Emergency as a result of Hepatitis A Virus (HAV)
In Florida, the key to controlling this outbreak is GETTING VACCINATED! The HAV vaccine is safe and effective.
At Risk Population:
- Individuals who are homeless
- Individuals using illegal drugs
In addition, individuals who are at risk for serious problems if they get HAV should get vaccinated.
Medically Vulnerable Population:
- Individuals with liver disease
- Individuals over 60 years of age with an underlying medical condition, such as diabetes mellitus or heart disease or high blood pressure
- Individuals with clotting factor disorders
Click here for downloadable flyer of this message